Thursday, February 14, 2013

Robot Valentine

Starting back in 2006, I began creating robot valentines to give to people close to me. I was still a temp in the Flex department at work but because I had a 4x10 schedule (meaning I worked 4 10-hour days at work), my badge allowed me access to the building as early as 6:30 a.m. This worked out well and served me for years because I would get to work super early and walk around to various desks and leave robot valentines cards before anyone else was there. The majority of people knew it was me behind it all, but every year I would single out 5-8 coworkers whom I wasn't necessarily friends with but had interacted with a time or two, just because I wanted to (hopefully) brighten their day with a nice surprise.

Most of these associates never knew who was behind this and I preferred it that way. For me, it made the experience much richer because without fail, I would casually walk by their desk and the valentine I had left in complete secrecy was prominently placed for all to see. I loved having this little secret and I treasured knowing that these various people enjoyed the random surprise.

It occurred to me that after all these years, I'd never given you - my bestest friend - a proper robot valentine. So, without further ado, I gladly, with love and happiness, give you this:

No comments:

Post a Comment